Cocaine and handgun seized by police in Lakeside
A 40-year-old man in Kenora faces multiple charges for possession of drugs and a firearm after being arrested in Lakeside.
On June 8, an OPP officer conducted a traffic stop on a suspended driver in the Lakeside area. Further investigation led to the discovery of cocaine and a .22 calibre handgun.
As a result, the individual faces the following charges:
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – cocaine
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited weapon
- Possession of a firearm while prohibited
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Occupying a motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing on June 13.