Thunder Bay individual arrested in Dryden and charged with assault with a weapon
At approximately 1:06pm on Monday, December 13th, Dryden OPP responded to a report of an assault with a weapon in the Zealand Township east of Dryden.
The suspect fled the scene prior to the officer’s arrival, but was found shortly after in a motor vehicle west of the city of Dryden. Officers attempted to conduct a traffic stop, but discontinued after the vehicle failed to stop due to public safety concerns.
The motor vehicle was later located in Machin Township by officers, where the accused fled on foot. With the assistance of the Emergency Response Team, Canine and Aviation Services, officers located and arrested the accused at approximately 3:41pm.
A 27-year-old individual from Thunder Bay, Ontario has been charged with the following offences:
- Uttering Threats- Cause death or Bodily Harm – Criminal Code 264.1(1)(a)
- Assault – Criminal Code 266
- Flight from peace officer – Criminal Code 320.17
- Dangerous operation – Criminal Code 320.13(1)
- Assault with a Weapon – Criminal Code 267(a)
- Take Motor Vehicle Without Consent – Criminal Code 335(1)
The name of the suspect is not being released in order to protect the identity of the victim.
The accused is being held in custody and will appear in the Ontario Court of Justice on December 14th.